Living in the vibrant city of Dubai comes with its own set of perks and quirks, and one thing that every motorist in the city is familiar with is the Salik tag system. Introduced by the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA), it plays a crucial role in managing traffic flow across the emirate.
But fear not, fellow expats! Recharging your Salik account doesn’t have to be a daunting task. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the various methods to recharge your Salik account, ensuring you can smoothly sail through the toll gates without a hitch.
Methods to Recharge Salik in UAE
- Dial 800-SALIK (72545)
- Scratch the 12-digit recharge number on your Salik card.
- Follow the automated instructions, entering the recharge number.
- Receive a confirmation message after a successful top-up.
- Scratch off the film to get the 12-digit recharge number.
- Send an SMS to 5959 with the format R*<12 digits card number>*<Salik account number>*<Pin number>.
- Example: R*9876543210123*1234567890*0123
- Receive a confirmation message upon successful recharge.
- Locate a Salik kiosk in areas like Deira, Al Barsha, Al Aweer, Al Kifaf, Al Towar, or Umm Ramool.
- Click the Recharge tab.
- Type your “account number” and the “pin number” and choose the recharge amount.
- Add cash to your account.
- Visit your nearest bank ATM such as EmiratesNBD, Dubai Islamic Bank, RAKBANK, Sharjah Islamic Bank, Al Hilal Bank, Ajman Bank, and United Arab Bank.
- Choose the Salik recharge option.
- Enter your account number and pin.
- Select the amount and add cash.
- Use the Salik Website or mobile apps like Smart Salik, RTA Dubai Drive, or Dubai Now.
- For credit card payments, enter details and select the amount.
- For a recharge card, enter the 12-digit number and follow the prompts.
After the successful top-up, you can Check Salik Balance and verify the credit amount.
Where can I buy a Salik recharge card in Dubai?
Salik recharge cards are available at any petrol station in Dubai.
What is the minimum and maximum recharge amount?
You can recharge from AED 50 to AED 50,000.
How many days do I have to recharge my Salik account?
Recharge within 5 working days from the last day you crossed the tollgate.
Can I set up auto-recharge for my Salik account?
Yes, certain banks in Dubai offer auto-recharge services. Confirm with your bank for availability.
Recharging your Salik account in Dubai is a breeze with multiple convenient options at your disposal. Whether you prefer the traditional Salik card, the ease of a mobile app, or a visit to your local bank, the process is designed to suit your preferences. Keep an eye on your account balance and enjoy smooth journeys through the city’s bustling roads. Happy driving!