Nol cards are an essential part of daily life for many residents and visitors in Dubai. These contactless smart cards provide a convenient and efficient way to pay for public transportation and various services throughout the city. If you’ve heard the term “pending credit” or seen it on your Nol card statement, it’s crucial to understand what it means and how it works. In this blog post, we’ll explore the concept of pending credit, based on the updated information.
What is Nol Card
These cards are used for hassle-free payment on various modes of public transportation in Dubai, such as buses, the Dubai Metro, trams, and even parking meters. Nol cards come in different types, including Silver, Gold, Blue, and personalized cards, each offering various features and benefits. You can load credit and use it for your journeys and other services by tapping it on a card reader.
What Is Pending Credit?
Pending credit in the NOL card refers to the amount you’ve added to your card through an online payment, but it has not yet been activated. This credit remains in a pending state until you go through a metro gate or use a parking meter. In other words, it’s the credit that’s waiting to be applied to your card for use.
How Does Pending Credit Work?
Let’s break down how pending credit functions:
- Adding Credit: You load credit onto your Nol card through the RTA Dubai mobile app or another online payment method.
- Pending Status: The loaded credit is in a pending state and not yet available for use. It’s held in your account but has not been activated on your card.
- Activation: To activate the pending credit, you must go through a metro gate or use a parking meter. This action activates the credit on your card, making it available for your journeys or parking payments.
- Utilizing the Credit: Once the pending credit is activated, you can use it for paying your public transportation fares or parking fees, as needed.
Key Points to Remember
- Pending credit is the amount you’ve added to your Nol card online but has not yet been activated for use.
- The pending credit becomes accessible when you pass through a metro gate or utilize a parking meter.
- Ensure that you have sufficient pending credit by checking your NOL card balance online before starting your journey or parking your vehicle.
What exactly is pending credit on NOL card?
Pending credit refers to the amount loaded onto a Nol card through an online payment that has not yet been activated. It remains in a pending state until you pass through a metro gate or use a parking meter.
How do I add pending credit to my NOL card?
You can add pending credit to your Nol card by making an online payment through the RTA Dubai mobile app or other authorized online payment methods.
When is pending credit activated on my NOL card?
Pending credit is activated when you tap your Nol card on a metro gate or use a parking meter. This action transfers the pending credit from your account to available balance for use.
Can I use pending credit for any NOL card transactions?
No, pending credit can typically be used for specific transactions related to public transportation fares and parking fees in Dubai. It does not apply to all NOL card transactions.
What happens if I don’t use my pending credit within a certain period?
Pending credit on your Nol card remains available until you use it for a valid transaction. There is usually no expiration date for pending credit, but it is advisable to utilize it for your intended payments in a timely manner.
Pending credit on your Nol card represents the credit you’ve added online but have not yet activated. This credit becomes available for use once you pass through a metro gate or use a parking meter. It’s a feature that enhances the convenience and flexibility of using your Nol card for transportation and parking needs in Dubai. So, the next time you encounter pending credit on your Nol card, you’ll understand that it’s an essential part of the system, ensuring your payment options remain seamless and efficient.